Blizzard is introducing a nice quality-of-life upgrade for players tired of making the trek between the transmogrifier and the bank. Starting in 5.3, players will be able to transmogrify their gear using items located in their bank or void storage. In fact, the ability is already available in game but hasn’t been built into the default UI. MMO-Champion reports that in the meantime an add-on, VoidTransmog, has stepped in to fill the… erm, void.
Meanwhile, Greg Street is less sympathetic to plight of players with maxed void storage. I understand where he’s coming from but I, for one, am not looking to keep every piece of gear.
Just most of them.
- Serpentshrine Cavern
- For the Fathom-Lord Karathress encounter, Cataclysmic Bolt now deals 10% of the target’s maximum health plus 500 damage, down from 50% of target’s maximum health, the stun effect is now a Stun mechanic, and can target any player instead of only characters with mana.
- Lady Vashj
- Coilfang Strider’s Panic ability now activates every 4 seconds, up from every 2 seconds.
- Shock Blast’s stun effect is now a Stun mechanic.
- Tainted Elementals now despawn after 20 seconds, up from 15 seconds.
- Tempest Keep
- For the High Astromancer Solarian encounter, Nether Scryer’s Domination spell now has a 2 second cast time, up from instant cast, and can be silenced.
- For the Void Reaver encounter, the radius for Arcane Orb has been reduced to 15 yards, down from 20 yards.
Okay, so I actually punched the air when I read this. I end up soloing a lot of old raids in the name of transmog gear and the two Serpentshrine Cavern bosses listed above were always the ones that gave me trouble. As a ret paladin, Fathom-Lord Karathress’s mana-targeting Cataclysmic Bolt ability was basically insurmountable and those Coilfang Striders…
Well, let’s just say I’m looking forward to an extra couple of seconds to smash them in the face.
Obviously, this is the PTR, so there’s no guarantee these changes will make it to live servers, but consider my fingers crossed.